Our mission is to transform the North East of England from a place with one of the highest rates of alcohol, drug and other addictions and related deaths, to a region with one of the highest rates of abstinence-based recovery.
What we do
To achieve our mission, we:
· Raise awareness of twelve-step recovery programmes within the wider community
· Challenge addiction stigma through the media, our digital platforms and all of our day to day interactions to remove the shame and isolation that many people new to recovery may feel and inspire conversation
· Provide a safe space for the recovery community and beyond to meet and support one another through our alcohol-free bar and café, George Street Social
· Fundraise to provide increased opportunities and services for people in recovery
· Programme events and social activities within our dry bar and café
· Use our own experiences to provide hope to others.
To view our 2019/20 annual report click here.