The North East SARC-support service provides 24 hour crisis intervention and support for anyone who has experienced a sexual offence, regardless of when the offence occurred or whether the incident was reported to the police or not. Crisis support workers will outline the options available and provide support throughout any subsequent process. The crisis workers will also provide help to gain access to local specialist service providers.
Many women and men experience difficulties coming to terms with what has happened, carrying on with their everyday life afterwards.
R.E.A.C.H. offers helps to men and women who have been raped or sexually assaulted, aged 16 or over when the assault occurred. Please contact us for details of our full remit and for information of all of the services we offer. We also can provide details of alternative services that could help you.
The centres are staffed by people who are experienced in dealing with the effects of rape and sexual assault. They will be happy to help you whether or not you wish to report to the police.
R.E.A.C.H is able to offer victims of rape or serious sexual assault, who do not wish to make a formal complaint of crime to the Police, the opportunity to receive support. There will be access to a forensic medical examination by a Sexual Assault Nurse examiner who will be accompanied by a fully trained SARC Support Co-ordinator.
USEFUL CONTACTS PHONE NUMBERS
- Rape Crisis Tyneside and Northumberland – Telephone: 0191 222 0272
- Sexual Violence Telephone Helpline and Email Support
- Tyneside Women’s Health 0191 4777898
- Someone Cares 0191 2578094
- Cygnus Support 01670 853977
- Women’s Health South Tyneside (WHIST) – 0191 454 6959 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Male Rape Happens, Survivors Help Line 0845 122 1201
- MESMAC, Gay & Bisexual Men 0191 233 1333
- Panah, Black/Asian Women Advice & Information on Domestic Violence 0191 284 6998
- Victims First North East 0800 011 3116
- NIDAS (Newcastle Integrated Domestic Abuse service) provides SVA and IDVA support: 0191 214 6645
- Victims First Northumbria: 0800 011 3116
- Sunderland counselling service, provide counselling in both Newcastle and Sunderland: 0191 514 7007
- Someone Cares- Counselling service: 0191 257 8094
Telephone: 0800 035 2794
Our Helpline and Email Support are available:
Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday between 6 pm and 8.30 pm
Friday between 11 am and 2 pm
For information, or if you have a query, please telephone 0191 222 0272 between 10 am and 4 pm, or email us
If you get a recorded message, please leave a brief message and we will contact you as soon as possible