This is a widget ready area. Add some and they will appear here.
Moving Forward helps anyone who is affected by mental ill-health to get back on their feet. Our main aims are to help people to:
- Rediscover their self-confidence
- Learn new skills, or rediscover old interests
- Build a stronger social network and have more people to spend time with
- Get back into education or training
- Find paid or voluntary work
We can support you if:
- You live in South Tyneside
- Mental ill-health is the main barrier to you taking part in social activities, education, or having a job
What happens once you are referred?
You will be introduced to your Link Worker, who will work with you to develop a plan to help you to achieve your goals and aspirations. This support could include:
- One-to-one practical and emotional help
- Accompanying you to the first few sessions of a college course
- Telephone support
- Introducing you to things in the community that you might like or find helpful
We know that getting back on your feet can be daunting, that’s why our Link Workers will help you to overcome this.
At Moving Forward, as part of Mental Health Concern, we are committed to improving the mental health and wellbeing of the people we serve. The whole team works to a strong set of organisational values, and we uphold these in all the work we do. We value:
- Compassion and hopefulness
- Being open and friendly
- Inclusivity and fairness
- Experience and expertise
- Hard work, creativity, and innovation
- Going the extra mile with people to achieve the right outcomes