Sorted is Northumberland’s Substance Misuse Service for young people.
‘Substances’ refers to:
- all legal and illegal drugs
- volatile substances, such as solvents and nitrous oxide
- over the counter and prescription drugs
Sorted is made up of specialist workers and health staff.
The service provides intervention for children and young people up to age 18 within the Northumberland area. Young people are supported to stop using substances, and to reduce the associated risks from substance misuse, both to themselves and their communities. They are also supported to achieve good physical and emotional health and wellbeing.
Sorted can help:
- young people
professionals and agencies working with young people
What does SORTED offer?
- Young people up to 18 years old can access the service. We offer:
- 1-2-1 indivdual support
- strict confidentiality, whilst adhering to safegaurding requirements
- referral to other services, with the young person’s permission. PLEASE NOTE: the young person must consent to any referral that is made.
- support to reduce use of substances/stop using substances
- multi-agency partnerships
- factual, unbiased information for young people about their substance use
- We will act with the best interests of the young person in mind.