The Age UK North Tyneside Group was established in 1972 and has grown to become the largest local voluntary organisation in the borough. We have over 250 staff and over 135 volunteers providing a wide range of services for older adults in North Tyneside.
- As experts in older peoples’ issues: Provide accessible information, advice and guidance
- As a quality service provider: Expand the range and reach of professional care and support services
- As an established and respected local organisation: Engage more older people in preventative activities
- As a campaigning and influencing organisation: Work to make North Tyneside a more age friendly place to live
- As a local employer: Be recognised as an Employer of Choice
- As an Age UK Brand Partner: Commit to the Age UK Shared Strategy and developing effective partnerships with a range of organisations to achieve our ambitions
What we do
We know that growing older doesn’t come with a manual. That’s why we provide free and confidential information and advice for older people, their families and carers.
Through EveryDay Care & Support, we provide care and support to over 400 individuals, enabling them to live safely in their own homes.
We help people with dementia and their carers to live fulfilling and rewarding lives. Our specialist dementia services help people living with dementia to make more of later life.
We run a wide range of activity groups and events, such as lunch clubs and exercise classes, giving older people the opportunity to keep fit, socialise, or learn a new skill.